Help Networking Two 171 CCC 960 30-IEC for Distributed I/O in Concept 2.6XL SR-7

agentnumber2

Hello,

I have to network two 171 CCC 960 30-IEC PLCs together for a project. I cannot seem to find any information as to how to do this.

I have one 171 CCC 960 30-IEC (PLC #1) with an 170 ANR 120 90 module in one area and another 171 CCC 960 30-IEC (PLC #2) with three 170 ADO 540 50 in another part of the building.

What I would like to do is the following:

1) From PLC #2, I would like to access all of the digital and analog I/O from PLC #1
2) From PLC #2, I would like to control all of the digital and analog I/O from PLC #1
3) On both PLCs, I would like a "LAN Quality" check - i.e. if the Ethernet cable breaks, all Digital Outputs are back to default and all VFDs are receiving a "zero speed" signal

Any help or reference to documents would be appreciated. I looked at the 171 CCC 960 30-IEC manual, but I cannot seem to make sense of it.

Thanks very much.