How to Access Windows from SCADA PC hosting RSView32 with DeskLock

Hi all,

I'm on site to migrate an RSView32 application into RSView SE application. I cannot shut down the RSVIew32 application due to logging of data etc.

I was hoping I could access Windows to grab the RSV directory but the DeskLock utility is configured to lock Windows out.

The "Exit Desklock" button is greyed out. There is 3 other options 1. Application Name 2. Restart Windows 3. Setup Desklock

Am I correct in saying that even if I get a shutdown if I use the Restart Windows options I'll still be locked out and the application will just relaunch upon boot up.

Any suggestions on how to access windows for a couple of minutes?

Do they have an administrator account for the PC? You could try using another PC on the network and going in through the hidden admin shares if they are still enabled.

ie. \\<computer name>\c$ for C: Drive, \\<computer name>\d$ for D: drive, etc.

If you reboot and use : (not sure of english expression) mode without echec
While booting on some pc you type CTRL+F8 or other specific key sequence and you can enter this mode that disable most of the autostart software...The key sequence needed is generally shown upon pc booting but you have to be fast to see it...

Morphius: If you can go into 'Setup Desklock' you are able to select windows mode (After a restart). Be aware that a password may be set on the desklock