RSLogix with factorytalk

msyukrie

i have no idea to send data from interface using factorytalk to modify variable in rslogix plc program. plss anyone help..i think this is small problem to all of you..

issue.jpg

Welcome to the forum,

I presume this is a working project and you are just adding functionality to expand it, - so your comm configuration is all taken care for.

You can write directly to the tag, "Counter.Pre" directly from the HMI object or create a tag in the PLC say for example, "Counter_Setting" and use a mov instruction to move the content of Counter_Setting to Counter.Pre. And use the "Counter_Setting" tag as you object connection in the HMI.

Regards
_______

thanks for ur words...

Hmm... I think a good start would be to read the User Manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewse-um006_-en-e.pdf

Although it is true it could be an easy matter for many users here, there are many things to do in the procedure, like the communication configuration, and it is not through the forum that you can be trained to realize the application. ;)

After a good reading of the manual, post again if you still have doubts.

- fuzzy logic

Welcome to the forum,

I presume this is a working project and you are just adding functionality to expand it, - so your comm configuration is all taken care for.

You can write directly to the tag, "Counter.Pre" directly from the HMI object or create a tag in the PLC say for example, "Counter_Setting" and use a mov instruction to move the content of Counter_Setting to Counter.Pre. And use the "Counter_Setting" tag as you object connection in the HMI.

Regards
_______

yes it is working with hmi as u stated. i hv try directly tag from HMI to "counter.pre"..but still can't modify the variable in plc.. i think i do wrong procedure..i can't find the solution yet..

thankyou mr chavak.. =)

In the MOV instruction "Source" you need to create a tag that you can read/write to from the HMI

Make a tag called "Counter_HMI_SP" or something, DINT will do. Then you can read/write to that tag from the HMI.

MOV
Source: Counter_HMI_SP
Dest: Counter.PRE

msyukrie, if you can open a working object of the SE application, then you will be able to see the correct syntax for the tags (the same if you open the HMI tags and look inside working tags)
Syntax, as you should have seen from the manual, would be something like:

[shortcut]YourTag - inside an HMI tag
{[shortcut]YourTag1} - if using Direct Reference tag

So, again, try to duplicate a working tag and just change the tag name to the desidered one.

Suggestion from chavak could work fine, but you have to remove the MOV instruction from the RS5000 project, otherwise the value you write from the HMI get overwritten from the PLC's code.

Suggestion from brendan.buchan could work fine,too, but you've to change the Source field of the MOV instruction to be the same tag you've used in the HMI (or you can use the tag named "a" instead, as it is already there in the code)

Hope this helps,
- fuzzy logic

Last edited:
msyukrie, if you can open a working object of the SE application, then you will be able to see the correct syntax for the tags (the same if you open the HMI tags and look inside working tags)
Syntax, as you should have seen from the manual, would be something like:

[shortcut]YourTag - inside an HMI tag
{[shortcut]YourTag1} - if using Direct Reference tag

So, again, try to duplicate a working tag and just change the tag name to the desidered one.

Suggestion from chavak could work fine, but you have to remove the MOV instruction from the RS5000 project, otherwise the value you write from the HMI get overwritten from the PLC's code.

Suggestion from brendan.buchan could work fine,too, but you've to change the Source field of the MOV instruction to be the same tag you've used in the HMI (or you can use the tag named "a" instead, as it is already there in the code)

Hope this helps,
- fuzzy logic

yesss...i got it..thanks all!!

Hope this helps,
- fuzzy logic

Didn't see that.

Thought it was just a constant 0, not a variable tag.

Got some glasses the other week.... I need to start using them!