More PV Help Requested

Heterodoxy

Is there a way of creating dialog box in PanelBuilder32 projects? What I would like to do is configure a MSG Display as such:

State 1: Invisible (Over the top of other Objects)
State 2: When logic dictates, display whatever message
State 3: Same as State Two, and so on, and so on

PanelBuilder does it with their login for secured screens and for numeric entry box, ect.., you never see them. But they’re always there on top of your other objects when they’re called on!

I know I’m properly asking for too much, or is there a way that I’m just not familiar with?

Many Thanks
Heterodoxy

Wouldnt an Alarm Banner do that? When an alarm is triggered it brings up the display to show what and to acknowledge? Been a while for me and PV so I may be off track or not seeing what you want to do specifically.

Like rsdoran, it's been awhile since I messed with a PV. However, there is an object to do exactly what you want as far as: For condition X, display message Y, I just can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

The 'condition' is an integer value, normally linked to some controlling register in the processor. I think the closest you'll get to invisibility is to define one of the states (zero?) as a blank string.

Do a search in HELP on 'multistate' and see what turns up.

I dont think a Message display can cover other objects invisibly, it can list multiple messages as you mention. What I read was he wanted to keep say screen 1 active but display a message when certain condition(s) happpen. The alarm banner does just that, you can add triggers, add messages, use clear, ack, or print etc.

Its been awhile, I just open PB32 and did a quick look at some old projects etc to see what I could remember.

just validating Ron's memory

The alarm banner is the only thing to do what Heterodoxy wants. Note that it will pop up over all screens, not any particular one(s). There's no visibility attribute for objects on PanelView screens. You need to get into the PanelView Plus line to gain that attribute (requires different software - RSView Studio).

Not something I'd recommend actually doing, but on the theoretical level I believe you could copy the main dialog screen over and over and over and over, etc. and put a different message on each screen, using the plc to switch between screens...