Allen Bradley Analog Scaling

irondesk40

If using a ab analog module do you set it up to use the raw value or do you set it up to scaling for PID?
I have always used the raw value. Not that I think it is the best way, but it was basically the only way I knew you could do it the first time I had a ab project throwed at me to control a autoclave machine and had never used a ab plc at that time.

If using a ab analog module do you set it up to use the raw value or do you set it up to scaling for PID?
I have always used the raw value. Not that I think it is the best way, but it was basically the only way I knew you could do it the first time I had a ab project throwed at me to control a autoclave machine and had never used a ab plc at that time.

It always helps to list the exact PLC Model and Version, and the Catalog Number and Version of the Analog Card you are using.

Using PID Scaling saves you a Scaling Step, if you are using the Analog Input for a PID Instruction. Some Cards have up to four choices for Scaling.

Stu.....