Emerson Unidrive SP

irondesk40

Anyone had any experience with these. I have used mostly Yaskawa for the last few years, but a rep came in and has worked his magic on our boss and now he is strongly suggesting we look at using them.
Just finished drawing plans and writing HMI and plc software and was planning on using the yaskawa, but now looks like I may end of using the unidrive.

We use the Unidrive for servo control with an EZmotion Module. They are a solid drive, although I've never set one up through the menu's. I do think that Yaskawa is my choice for a feature rich, easy to set up drive. But would go to the Unidrives if I need logic in the drive.

We use them all the time. Only complaint is that all the wiring (both logic & power) is congested right at the bottom of the drive. They support all the major fieldbus, all major feedbacks, have many different programming and option modules, and can operate as Servo, V/Hz, Open Loop Vector, Closed Loop Vector, and full regen. I would choose them over Yaskawa even if the Yaskawa was half the price.