How to re-import a published intouch application to Archestra Galaxy

Ahlsaints

Hi All,

I need some expert advice if it is possible to re-import back the published intouch application back to managed Archestra IDE galaxy for editing.

I have developed an intouch application in arhestra IDE because I thought it is so convenient to create an application for a higher resolution clients desktop machine in a lower resolution machine like my laptop for example and you can run it to test the applications without changing the resolution (from my laptops lower screen res to the clients desktop with higher res 2560x1024).
I also don't use any archestra symbols so that I could easily import or export the window graphics to other applications if needed.

However, my mistake was after I published it and run it in the clients PC overseas (it now works like a stand-alone application) for Final Acceptance Test I used the application manager windowmaker to update and modify a lot of tags and their animation links and I have done so much. Now I wanted to re-import it back to arhestra ide galaxy so that I can work back at home on my laptop with a lower resolution without changing the clients higher resolution for additional amendments then I realized that I can't re-import the published app folder anymore.

I just knew that once you publised the application you can no longer re-import it again to the galaxy but is there any way to work around this? I think I hit a brick wall and I don't know what to do unless I buy my own PC monitors equals to that client's higher resolution monitors which is way too expensive for me.

I really appreciate any good advice or suggestions from the experts here.

Thanks in advance
ahlsaints

I'm guessing you've either already found the answer or have rebuilt the app from the last backup.

For those who are still looking for the answer, open the published app folder (the one with the name starting with $) and delete the "ArchestraASymbols" folder.

In the IDE, create a Derived Template from the "InTouchViewApp" in the "System" folder in the Template Toolbox.

Double Click the new InTouchViewApp and select the "Import existing InTouch application" radio button and click "Next".

Navigate to the published app and import it normally. The WindowMaker program will open within the IDE when the app finishes being imported.

If you publish the managed app again, the ArchestraASymbols folder will be recreated.

I'm guessing you've either already found the answer or have rebuilt the app from the last backup.

For those who are still looking for the answer, open the published app folder (the one with the name starting with $) and delete the "ArchestraASymbols" folder.

In the IDE, create a Derived Template from the "InTouchViewApp" in the "System" folder in the Template Toolbox.

Double Click the new InTouchViewApp and select the "Import existing InTouch application" radio button and click "Next".

Navigate to the published app and import it normally. The WindowMaker program will open within the IDE when the app finishes being imported.

If you publish the managed app again, the ArchestraASymbols folder will be recreated.

I know this is super old but I had to comment on it! Sorry!

Anyways, I ran into an issue like this before but eventually recreating the application and ranting and raving the whole entire time! But I just tested your suggestion and it does work, although; you lose your ArchestrA graphics. I don't use to many of the ArchestrA graphics but enough to be a pain in the a** to redo.

I know this is super old but I had to comment on it! Sorry!

Anyways, I ran into an issue like this before but eventually recreating the application and ranting and raving the whole entire time! But I just tested your suggestion and it does work, although; you lose your ArchestrA graphics. I don't use to many of the ArchestrA graphics but enough to be a pain in the a** to redo.

Thanks for the help, I have another question how do I un publish an 10.5 application so I can import it into a managed 11.1 galaxy?

All of my 10.5 applications are published and not modern which happened during an upgrade from 9.5 to 10.5

Or do I need to just change my galaxy topic to the same as the old application.