Issue with ControlNet

VicZA

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has had experience with this ...

We recently upgraded a customers PLC5 to a Redundant Control Logix system. We were asked to incorporate some older modules with the new stuff that we put down, as they had some spare hardware and did not want to purchase new equipment if they did not have to. Hence we used two existing L63 CPUs and added a new RM module. We also changed the majority of the remote I/O points to use Ethernet. For that we installed new 1756-EN2TR modules.

However, the customer wanted one of the remote I/O racks to remain on ControlNe
t Our problem was that the ControlNet network was not recognized by the main processors even after we have flashed all the modules over the network.

Due to time constraints, we had to change this system to Ethernet at our expense. The customer is still unhappy that we can not find an explanation as to why this was the case ........ any ideas ??

Thanks
Vic

Silly questions...

Could you see the network in RSLinx?
Could you see the network in RSNetworx?
Did you schedule the network?
Did you install the network properly?
Did you call tech support?
Did you add it properly to the hardware tree in RSLogix 5000?

Last edited: