Rockwell FactoryTalk SE installation problem

Auto_Mate

Hi,

We're having to re-install our FactoryTalk View Site Edition as original laptop died. On installation, we get the message:

"This install requires that Microsoft.NET2.0 be installed first..."

I've downloaded it from Microsoft website, uninstalled later versions which prevented me from installing .NET2.0 (such as .NET4.0!), re-started laptop, restarted the installation but I still get the same message. Any clues??

The version of FVSE is 5.00.00 (CPR9).
Windows is XP Pro SP3, as was previous installation on old lappy.

Many thanks in advance :)

There is a work around on Rockwell's site. Look at technote 47042 on rockwell's support site. You don't need a techconnect contract for this.

Similar Topics

I have been trialing a Proxmox based development server for my group but have had no end of troubles with the several instances of VM I have...
Replies
Views
Has anyone gotten FT working on Proxmox based VMs? I've been working on trialing Proxmox in place of ESXI for development servers and FactoryTalk...
Replies
Views
Hello! In FTView SE 13.00 for the AlarmEventSummary1 object I need to add the filter Alarm Name LIKE % %. In the field % % I want to pass a...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to download and use the Transfer Utility of the Rockwell FactoryTalk View ME ? only the Utility ? without any special requirements...
Replies
Views
I have seen posts about the Rockwell FactoryTalk ME DataStore Plus ActiveX control to save historical data to a CSV, but frankly the caveats seem...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom