Moving PV+ program

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
Our IT folks have forced us to put our PLC's and PV+ behind a firewall. I need to transfer my PV+ programs from my laptop to a new computor behind the fire wall....my question is what is the easiest way to do this?

1. Use App manager to create a .apa back up file and then restore that file to the new machine?

2. Use the transfer utility and perform a upload?

3. Can I copy the entire directory over?o_O

Definitely #1.

The Application Manager is the only good method for moving FactoryTalk View projects from one computer to another.

Definitely #1.

The Application Manager is the only good method for moving FactoryTalk View projects from one computer to another.

+1 on this. Copying and restoring .mer's is always a dicey proposition at best. Seems like something always gets lost in the conversion.

Under App manager
pick resyore application
Select the app to be restored
Do I pick
Restore the FT view ME Edition application or
Restore the FT view ME Edition application anf Factory talk
local directory

We did some trials with uploading the PV+ via the transfer utility... save the mer file and the used the application manager to restore the runtime application.... Seems to work..so far.