Connect micrologixs 1000 plc on a DH+ network

Hi I am pretty new to using this site so any help is appreciated. I have a grain elevator thats system is operated by RSView32 (2 PC's) and 3 slc 5/04's on A DH+ network. There is a stand Micrologix 1000 that controls a distributor and I would like to connect that PLC to the DH+ network to operate it from the PC's or if I can connect the plc to one of the PC's and make it work that way I would do that. I am using a 1747-cp3 to connect to the network and using DF1 pass configuration in RS-linxs

Thanks Zach

The simplest thing to do is to connect the MicroLogix 1000 directly to one of the computers with a 1761-CBL-PM02 serial cable and use the ordinary default DF1 Full Duplex protocol to communicate with it.

You are already performing a DF1 -> DH+ Passthrough function if you are connected to an SLC-5/04 serial port with your computer, so I don't know if you can perform another "reverse" passthrough from DH+ to DF1 on another of the SLC-5/04 controllers.

It is not clear to me if the 1747-CP3 cable is between a development/editing computer and an SLC controller, or if that is the connection method for one or more of the RSView32 computers.

Is your goal to have data from the MicroLogix 1000 used by one of the SLC-5/04 controllers, or to have data from the MicroLogix 1000 read and written by the RSView32 application ?

You can get DH+ to DF1 interface boxes that would allow you to connect the MicroLogix 1000 directly to the DH+ network, but they are expensive.

The old A-B unit was the 1770-KF2; long since discontinued. You can get a DataLink/EquusTek DL3500 that does the same function.

My recollection is that RSLinx Classic can "drill down" from the DH+ connection through to the DF1 serial port of an SLC-5/04 controller.

Connect the MicroLogix 1000 to the SLC-5/04 serial port using a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable and see if you can browse from RSLinx (on the RSView32 computers) to the MicroLogix 1000.