PID Loop using Mitsubishi??

RPax

Hi all, I was wondering if somebody could help. I've limited experience with Plc's and am trying to create a PID Loop using an A/D and D/A Converter using a Mitsubishi PLC. Would anyone know where I could possibly get "how to do" information or a basic sample program on this. Even a link to a previous thread on this topic would be great. Appreciate any help on this

Unless they've updated their webpage lately, the manuals are sometimes tough to find for Mitsubishi PLCs.

What model are you working with?
I may be able to help.

Firstly Jimbo/Panic Mode thanks for repling. I'am using the Mitsubishi FX Model (FX-16MR, FX4AD and FX-2DA) but have also access to the Siemens S7 315 series with similiar modules and Simatic software if thats any good giving an explaination.

There is also an A1S CPU with high speed counter in the company. Can this be used for a PID when linking to an inverter (Mitsubishi FR-E520)?. At the moment I'am just trying to get an overview on how a PID Loop can be done and practice implementing on one of the above PLC's as we plan to use in future. Thanks for any help you can give.

As for most brands (exept ones using FBs) you will find a PID function using a serie of registers where you can set the variables for this control method.

The book to look for is number : JY992D88101

If you google this you will find the links to it.

Do a search in Acrobat for PID and you will easaly find it.

Look also for some examples following the list of registers and look at the end of the book for examples about limiting the amplitude of this output.

It is easy to implement and easyer than AB to smooth-switch between Auto-mode and manual.

You link the FROM results to the measured variable input and the TO command to... y'a know :)