guide for a plc program

Search for "flip-flop"
A flip-flop is not what you probably thought it was:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flip-flop

Note that in Wikipedia (or any other search engine), a flip-flop is NOT programming logic to turn a device on or off. What you see are the popular sandals that make the flip and flop noise when you walk, and even the s_e_x-position-movement by gay men, but no programming logic!

The only place Google finds "flip-flop" used erronously to refer to PLC logic . . . is on this site. How can we be so out-of-touch with the rest of the world? It must be from working in windowless rooms with our heads stuck in a monitor for too many years.

Last edited:

Note that in Wikipedia (or any other search engine), a flip-flop is NOT programming logic to turn a device on or off. What you see are the popular sandals that make the flip and flop noise when you walk, and even the s_e_x-position-movement by gay men, but no programming logic!

The only place Google finds "flip-flop" used erronously to refer to PLC logic . . . is on this site. How can we be so out-of-touch with the rest of the world? It must be from working in windowless rooms with our heads stuck in a monitor for too many years.

Apparently the "flip-flop" footwear was invented by a Frenchman called Phillipe Phallope....

Ha ha... suppose it's like a one-shot. That would only really mean something to a PLC guy.

You could get in some trouble asking the wrong fella for help with a flip-flop then...

;-)