Addressing the serial port on a Siemens 545

ebrgt62

Until recently, we have used AB DL20's and DL40's message displays for operator interfaces. The messages in these displays were all triggered using a MWIR output stament to a WY output word (i.e. parallel binary triggering). The new displays available have to be addressed via a serial port or ethernet. My question is: does anyone know how the serial port on a Siemens 545 PLC can be addressed to send the appropriate message trigger number to an AB InView Message display? Thx!

Similar Topics

I am very new to Modbus and the industry, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I have known Modbus register addresses coming from a...
Replies
Views
I have a system using Rx3I CRU320 redundant CPU with Proficy Machine Edition Software. In the hardware configuration of each CPU module, under...
Replies
Views
See the screenshot of EIP tag list. We are trying to read in a digital input that is hard-wired. It is shown here as I31.1. I believe we cannot...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Simatic SM374 (374-sxh01-0aa0) sim module. I am using TIA portal v.18. I can't find this module in my list of hardware devices...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a device with 68 words input. But one block on the Devicenet Scanner is only 61 words. I am trying to map this device to 2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom