Tips for learning Rockwell and iFix

Indiaum

Hi guys,

First, sorry about my english and thank you for your attention. What happens is that i wish to learn Rockwell and GE Fanuc software and i wonder if you could give me some tips on a good start. In the company that i work, we have a Rockwell toolkit and GE Fanuc Global Care, but i'm kinda lost in all those DVDs, 8 from Rockwell and 7 from GE Fanuc(Ifix, Complicity, Historian, etc). From rockwell i think i should start with RSlinx, RSLogix 500 and 5000 and FactoryTalk, but i'm not sure.

About GE, i couldn't even found out how to start a new projet in iFix, all manual that i read, said that i need to take a look in another one, wich depends on another one...i got lost in the first hours of reading.

My fear is that i start learning using bad practices, so does anyone have any kind of tips, wich manual should i read first, wich packages of software, anything? I know its kinda lame, but i'm really lost, i don't have that much time since i have to study and work. i wish to have a good solid start. I wish i could take on a training course, but its too expensive for me right now.

Thank you very much for your time.

Looking deeper into the Rockwell Toolkit, it happens to have in the DVD5 tons of training videos, these should be more than enough to start. So, if anyone who wants to learn Rockwell from scratch and have access to the toolkit, should take a look into it.

About iFix i'm still searching xD

Sorry about my english, and thank you all for awesome support you provide here.