Load Bank Supplier

Halawi

I am searching for Reliable Load Bank supplier that can supply a smart load bank for absorbing reverse power generated by Cranes at port container terminal, in able to protect our gensets from the revers power. thanks in advance for your assistant.

Can't this energy be put back into the supply grid somehow?

Seems a waste to dump it to heat....

Active front ends could be used to recover the power back to the grid. ABB and other make large AFE's and they are a built in option on most medium voltage drives.

I use them all over our site and braking / banking resistors only kick in on high spikes which rarely happens.

Several smaller AFE's could also be used in paralell.

It sounds to me like this is generator supplied so the OP has no AC line to put the power back onto.

You can also look at PowerOhm. I've used them successfully in the past but not at the power levels you will likely be seeing.

Keith

Hello Bob, many thanks for the reference, I already got in contact with them, they offered us a dual solution for(resistive/ reactive)but they are too expensive around 100K for 1500KW load bank.

If money is the prime driver do not waste your time getting good equipmet.

Make up a load bank consisting of drum of water baking soda and large conductors iserted in drum. Going to be a control and regulation nightmare but if you want cheap that is way to go.

Dan Bentler

Halawi

you could try Cressall in the UK

http://www.cressall.com/

I use them alot for neutral earth applications but I know they do braking as well

I once put the wrong letter in a part number and instead of getting a painted mild steel enclouser for a plant room I got a IP66
galve & stainless trackside affair. same price so I kept it :)

Chris

Make up a load bank consisting of drum of water baking soda and large conductors iserted in drum. Going to be a control and regulation nightmare but if you want cheap that is way to go.
Been there before when commissioning a power station only we used salt. ran at full load of 1.9MW for 8 hours using a chain block to adjust load and lots of water to replace what evaporated. Also did 8 hour load runs on each generator. At one stage a rope broke and the whole power station died from overload - bit sad hearing 6 generators slow down before the protection tripped.