S7 300 Communication

labingtone

Hi to all,

Im looking for programming cable to be used for my S7-300 and my Step 7.I type the S7 300 to PG/PC programming cable on search box of siemens website and I get nothing. I decided to tap PLCS.net to help me for my need.

Right now my computer is equiped with CP5611 my question is what is the PG/PC to S7300 CPUs programming cable do I need. One thing more if I use the serial port of my PC what is the seimens cable part no. can I used.
Besides we have also S7200 models, some have MPI port and some dont have.What is the right cable should I Used too.

best regards,

Lovington Dela Cruz
Shell Lubricants

There may be another way to do this but i use the Siemens serial/MPI adapter. The Siemens part number is:
6ES7 972-0CA23-0XA0.
This will get you onto MPI and Profibus. you will also need an MPI cable, which you may already have. The Siemens PN is:
6ES7 901-1BF00-0XA0.
I think this is just a null modem cable. This cable also works to connect to an AB SLC5 processor, by the way.

Hope this helps.
Keith

Hello Guys!

You can also use a profibus cable with standard siemens connectors like the 6ES7 972-0BB11-0XA0 or newer, this just connects 2 wires and the shield. This is easy to make yourself if you have the connectors and the cable.

This cable works for both profibus and mpi connections.

If you want me to I can check the actual layout of the siemens cable.

Regards
Borte

There are MPI and PPI cables for USB. They come complete with all cables. They work well and the PPI will do 187.5kb.

S7 training

hello everybody.

i need to get some S7 training and im not willing to pay another couple of thousand bucks for a 3 day crash course.
anyone in Quezon City or surroundings that is willing to give some lessons and get paid for it of course?

thanks,
Dennis