How to access SLC5/03 via 1747-PIC

Peacemaker

P
I am a PLC beginner and this time I am going to access SLC5/03 through
DH-485 port (channel 1). Can anybody help me to configure 1747-pic driver in RsLink and to make channel configuration in RsLogix500 to access SLC5/03 whose RS-232 port has been already connected to a touch screen control panel like Panelview. Step-by-step detailed instruction would be much apprecited.

In addition, what is the difference between node number and station number. And how can I assign these numbers when making channel configuration? Does it have something to do with channel number assigning these numbers?

Thanks,

Peacemaker

First, the station number is the computer that RSLinx is on and should stay "00". Second, leave the "31" default in Max Station Number; no need to bother changing it. Now you are left with two options. Choose the correct comm port on your Computer. Lastly set the baud rate. If you are unsure of the rate, check an offline version of the program for the PLC you are trying to connect to. Go to "Channel Configuration" and double click. When it opens click on the Chan. 0-User tab and you will see the baud rate. Set RSLinx up to the same rate and then try to go online.

Hope this helps.