Ge fanuc snp-x / nematron hmi

anthony tony

I have a question concerning communication between a GE FANUC SNP-X and a NEMATRON 8104XH HMI. I keep getting a 'PLC NO RESPONSE" error on the HMI. I've double checked the HMI program for wrong address and the plc address, I've even called the manufacture of both items with no luck. The communication cable was wired wrong but has been changed to the correct configuration with same results. The HMI communication led is flashing as tho it has connected but still gives error. I did notice that the CPU light on the HMI is not on, but the tech support said that was ok. Any ideas?

Post your cable pin-out here and triple check that ALL software/hardware parameters are identical at each end. Are you sure that this unit needs an ID for the slave, if set for 'Direct' it will not.