Bridging Modicon Quantum to Momentum via Ethernet?

swany1613

Hi all this is my first post on this site. I am currently interning at a company as mechanical engineer but one of the projects I am envolved in has me touching on the plc world. I have been doing a fair amount of searching and reading but to no avail I have not found my answer. So my question is, Is it possible to bridge a Modicon Momentum by ethernet to a Quantum? If more information is needed I can add but if it can be answered I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Don

Yes, if they both have Ethernet ports. Both products have configurations that support Ethernet, but it would require that the parts you actually have support it, or you are willing to upgrade as needed.

Well I guess I should have stated that the Quantum is connected to the plc through MB+ and then the plc is connected to to the HMI through ethernet.