Macro to Change Display

brett531

I have a display that is active when I am running my test (big gearbox tester, details not necessary I dont think). At a point in the test, the PLC moves to a dwell state (where a timer waits a preset time and then continues the test) and I am wondering how to change my display when that dwell state happens. There is a PLC tag that when it hits 1, I want to display the "dwell" display and when the tag is 0, go back to the "test running" display. Can I do that? Possibly a macro that will change the display when that tag changes. But the only thing I can do with a new macro in FT ME is set tag values.

Help is much appreciated, Thanks.

Look in the global parameters Under Display. Display's will need to be numbered and you'll use the Display Tag to write the number of the display you want to open. Just don't write continuous to Display Tag or you can't open another screen. Check out the Help file for a better Explanation.

I understand the part about assigning display numbers to certain displays and setting the tag event that triggers "remote macro1". My last question would be what is the actual macro that needs to be written to display the specific numbered screen.

Thanks.

I would not use a macro. I would use the plc to open screen. Write the screen number to your Tag in the plc when conditions are true.