ProFace GP2500-TC41-24v ethernet download

boonfey

Hi,

My client has an existing ProFace GP2500-TC41 HMI unit and they would like to make some graphic modifications.

I used Quick Designer v3.70 and then used Ethernet Upload to upload the existing program from the PfoFace HMI. It was successfull.

Then I modified the graphics accordingly. Note that I modified only the graphics, no changing of tags or any settings at the moment. It was some very simple modifications like changing text and moving existing graphical objects location.

**After that, I tried to use ethernet download, but it says "Feature not supported by the selected panel device"

**So I go to Setup and change the model type
QUICKPANEL 10.5" Color (QPI-2xxxx)
to
QUICKPANEL 10.5" TFT Color (QPICxDExxxx)

Now, Quick Designer allows me to use ethernet download but at the middle of the download, it failed and the HMI lost its program.

Have anyone encountered these issues before?
All I want now is to restore back the original program to the ProFace panel. It seems that the old unit does not support Ethernet download???
I have the existing program uploaded via Ethernet but now I cannot download it back!!!

Any ProFace expert out there, please help!!!

Thanks

Last edited:
First - try checking the box "Force Executable download".
Second - "Initialize" the unit. Touch three corner touch points simultaneously, to get to the online menu and locate the "Initialize" screen, default PW is 1101.
Third - Use a Serial cable to download to the unit.

RussB,

1) where is the "Force Executable Download"?
2) Tried that and it doesnt work
3) I do not have the Serial cable... Although I will get one later but now I urgently need to put it back to operation.

My main concern is that if this existing ProFace unit can actually support Ethernet Download?
Note that the uploaded copy promted me "Feature not supported by the selected panel device"

I modified the model from QUICKPANEL 10.5" Color (QPI-2xxxx)to QUICKPANEL 10.5" TFT Color (QPICxDExxxx). Whats the effect on this? Is there any firmware revision we need to check?

How do we know which model type to use?

Thanks

RussB/anyone

Regarding the initialization, which one should I do?
Is it Initialize->Initialize Memory->Initialize Memory?

Thanks

Try both, it should only take a few seconds and cannot make your predicament any worse.

The check box is in the Transfer Utility.

Hi,

problem fixed. The IP address must be from 10.255.255.001 to 10.255.255.254
Somehow it allows you to upload even if your IP is not in this range but will not allow you to download.

Thanks all

Dear All I have a Proface GP2500 it is a new one. And it is in Initial Start Mode. Can any one help me to go beyond that, I have CF card with the program need to run with the machine. My aim is to replace the available screen with the new screen