Chinese Version of Components...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that has some of his machinery built in China. He claims to have had issues with software incompatibility in the past. The Chinese supplier uses Mitsubishi components. Since we have a 'worldwide' membership here, I figured I would ask if anyone has has issues with 'market specific' products from Mitsubishi.

A few examples from his list of components:

FX3U PLC - FX3U-48MT/ESA - There is no mention of the 'ESA' suffix in US catalogs, only 'ES' (sinking outputs) and 'ESS' (sourcing outputs). I'm assuming their PLC has sinking outputs, as that's pretty standard for Asia. Maybe the 'A' at the end means 'Asian market'?

S500 VFD - FR-S520S-0.4-CH - The US version has a 'NA' suffix (presumably North America), instead of the 'CH' (China?) suffix. There is also a 'K' after the 0.4 in the US catalog.

GOT1000 HMI - GT1050-QSBD-C - The only similar version I can find is a GT1050-QBBD (monochrome) or GT1055-QSBD (color).

Just wondering of anyone knows what problems I can expect if I need to make program modifications. We discussed building the control panels here, but he's concerned (and I agree) that, because they will have no way to run it, the machinery might not get properly set-up and tested before it ships.

Any thoughts?... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I think you are correct... because China is so large they are a market of their own, they also use so much and have their own OEM manufactures, I had a couple of large machines that came from China, this one machine has 5 Mitsubishi Q 06 series racks and 4 GOT1000 HMI's but we were able to get into the code without issues other then version issues, but I do know that these were made in China and for China, they also had strange part numbers

Same with Siemens, I see a lot of 200 series that have end in the normal part numbers end in CN, this means that they are made in China but all the other part numbers are a match

Again, I have not had any issues with them communicating with the China made parts, does your customer have the newest versions of the software?

i've seen chinese panels with schneider breakers where the green paint used for printing the label and model number etc rubbed right off (including CSA approvals!).

Hi Eric,
I bought the software here, GXWorks2 Version 1.73B
But inside of that package I open GX developer and run Version 8.101F
No problems.
I am able to connect and communicate with a FX1N-60MT-001 through the GOT GT1030-LBD-C that both came directly from China.
All I have done is monitor inputs and Outputs.
I haven't actually changed any code yet.:unsure:

i've seen chinese panels with schneider breakers where the green paint used for printing the label and model number etc rubbed right off (including CSA approvals!).
Funny you mention Schneider... The breakers and manual starters in the parts list are Schneider part numbers. The manual starters are standard GV2 series, but the breaker part numbers point to Chinese links in a Google search. (ex. OSMC65H3C20). Easy enough to swap these with 'approved' equivalents though.

Thanks Mark and George for the info about software. The issues my customer had in the past may simply be because they didn't know what software to use. I think it would be weird if Chinese versions required 'special' software, unless they were knockoffs with a fake Mitsubishi label on them.

🍻

-Eric