trend on plc5

SLK Rik

I have set-up a trend on a Ab plc5 with my dell pentium 3, DH+ using
a pmck card.
i would like to trend 2 or more inputs for timing purposes, when i view the trend i dont see every input each time it changes states,
is this a set-up issue? Can i set this up to see each input and durration?

Thanks Rick

There is a limit on how fast the TrendX utility can update. It depends on the comms speed.
If you set Chart Update mode to Onchange it will update "as fast as it can", but the result can be confusing to look at.
I normally set it to Automatic update with 50ms refresh rate. But the real update time can be slower depending on the DH+ network.

Thats why it can miss some changes. How fast does the variables change in your app. ?

There is also the Histogram function. It works better for digital io.

trendxer

maybe I am not fully understanding you, I assume this is a discrete input but to set up a trend go to the trend folder, right click new. put a name in, click ok, go back to the trend folder, click on the +, double click on your trend, graph pops up. right click on the graph, select chart properties, click on the display tab, look down at the refresh rate, change the seconds to milliseconds, it will automatically default you to 50ms.Next click on display tab at the top, put a check in the checkbox out beside display in milliseconds. Next click on pens tab at the top the click on the add/configure tags, configure tags window pops up, click on add tag. put the address you want to trend into the tag name i.e B3:0/0, click ok when done then click on the tab that says type change from analog to digital. next click on the tab labeled Y-axis look down for the box outbeside isolated graphing and check that box if you want to see the pens side by side rather than ontop of each other. One thing i left out click apply at the bottom after every sequence
hope this helps. I have had lots of good luck trending inputs outputs etc
bye
Dallas

Yes these are descrete inputs. ihave not tried the histogram yet ill give it a try when get back to the job, thanks