transfer file & migration tool

common

C
I want to tansfer files (big sizes) from a pc to another pc though LPT1 port. Any free software can do this instead of using the laplink LL5 dos version. I face some problems when using this LL5 dos version.
Tnaks a lot.

how to use hyper terminal????

I mean what is the cable wiring diagram??? can it coneected by the
LPT1 port????

Interlink comes in MS DOS 5.0 and up but it is a serial connection. IF you can do it in Win9x then Direct Cable Connection allows the use of LPT port..ie a parallel cable.

Another option is goto http://www.download.com and do a search for dos file transfer OR look for FastLynx, FileVan, Fast PC Linker. There are plenty more and most let you use for awhile.

Dick, your probably right to stick with Win9x tools if you can find them, but...... đź““
Right out of Dos 6.2 manual

Type: External (6.0 and later)

Syntax:

INTERLINK
INTERLINK [client[:]=[server][:]]

Purpose: Allows you to connect two computers via parallel :nodi: or serial ports; this provides a way for computers to share disks and printer ports (new with DOS Version 6).

Discussion

Before you can use the INTERLINK command, you must install the INTERLINK.EXE device driver.

CLIENT specifies the letter of the client drive that is redirected to a drive on the Interlink server. The drive must be one that was redirected when you started Interlink.

SERVER specifies the letter of the drive on the Interlink server that will be redirected. THE drive must be on listed in the THIS Computer (Server) column of the Interlink server screen. If no drive letter is specified, the client drive will no longer be redirected.

Example

To display the current status of the INTERLINK program, enter the following:

interlink

Re: how to use hyper terminal????

common said:
I mean what is the cable wiring diagram???
[SARCASM]
Oh sorry, our mistake... A wiring diagram is what you specifically asked for in your original post.
For some odd reason, I read it as a request for software... :rolleyes:
[/SARCASM]

Here's a direct LINK to a wiring diagram

-Eric

As you can see it's not just a straight through printer cable. (n)

25 PIN D-SUB MALE to Computer 1.
25 PIN D-SUB MALE to Computer 2.

Name Pin Pin Name
Data Bit 0 2 15 Error
Data Bit 1 3 13 Select
Data Bit 2 4 12 Paper Out
Data Bit 3 5 10 Acknowledge
Data Bit 4 6 11 Busy
Acknowledge 10 5 Data Bit 3
Busy 11 6 Data Bit 4
Paper Out 12 4 Data Bit 2
Select 13 3 Data Bit 1
Error 15 2 Data Bit 0
Reset 16 16 Reset
Select 17 17 Select
Signal Ground 25 25 Signal Ground

Jay, you're right, but Ron has a good point nonetheless...

Check HERE... A parallel laplink cable from CompUSA is only US$3.29... :rolleyes:

Lifetime guarantee, too!... :p

beerchug

-Eric

thanks

thanks a lot for your help. U all are very helpful. Thanks eric, jay and else.. thanks a lot.