slc 5/05 message error 38h

waterdogB

slc 5/05 serial msg setup has been running for several years with only minor blips. Recently i have had a msg go error with the Message disabled pending link response error. When this happens the only way i can clear this message block is going to the program mode and back to remote run. Any help as to what causes this and hints to fix it would be great. Only one msg is fired at a time using the dn or er bit from the previous msg to turn the next one on.

The error 38 says... "A RET instruction was detected in program file 2."

Looks like someone made a change to the program

message error 38h

Thanks
Yes that is the message error code i am referring to. It has happened to the same message instruction twice now. The messages are sent from the RS232 port via radio link to a remote site. Any helpful hints and an explanation of just what the heck causes it would be great.

OK... I was looking at the wrong error page

To me, it looks like it has been disabled and waiting until it gets a message back from the other device, is there any code that you can look at that for the last message sent to the radio link, sometimes you will have a 'ready to send' or 'ready to receive'

So, not sure if the 5/05 is your problem... it may be the other device not sending