Packet sending

Logiks5

Hi, I have two quick questions on AB Rslogix 500

1. How can I find out the average transmit and receive time between devices?

2. Does rslogix 500 send packets to any peripheral equipment on a constant cycle basis?

The SLC controller can send messages over its communication network or the serial port.

The only accurate way to determine the transaction time of a message is with a serial protocol analyzer. You can get a rough idea (especially if the message time is very long) by using the /EN and /DN status bits of the MSG instruction but that won't get you very good accuracy.

What's the device you are investigating ?

I am looking into MicroLogix 1100.

Approximately how accurate would the serial protocol analyzer method be?

and how accurate would your estimation method be (especially when communicating with a panelview device or other peripheral equipment I am using) for estimating the average send and receive time between components on an ethernet network?

Thanks