Compactlogix with Flex I/O

robw53

im using a L32E running two production lines with Flex I/O (Ethernet)one per line, the processor is always left powered up in its own panel and every time we need to clean down we switch off just the panel for that line, when we power back up again we get loads of alarms i.e devicenet net fault (Ultra 3000) and ethernet comms lost to remote device, this is due to having the Flex I/O switched off, this may not seam a problem but we loose alot of time when we powerup the line after cleaning, so as a start i put a 24v Input into each Flex rack so i can use it in the alarm routine, the problem is the input stays high even after powering down each panel which is no good for what i am after, is there any means of this going low on powering down the flex modules?

i went through all the config for each rack but could not find anything which looks like it would help me.

I'm trying to understand the reason you want this feature: Explain to me why having a several nuisance faults announced on your HMI system "loses a lot of time". Do they all need to be manually acknowledged and cleared ?

My guess is that you want a "this panel was powered down" indication so you can use it to prevent the other consequential communication error alarms.

What I would do is use the Slot status bits for the FLEX adapter. All 32 bits of the Adapter.I.SlotStatusBits tag go true when you've loss all communication with the Adapter, so the value of that DINT type tag is -1.

This doesn't guarantee that the cabinet was powered down, only that you've lost all communication to it. That's typically the same thing.

its how all the alarms tie into one another that makes it a real ball,

what happens is, when you first power up the panels you get a ethernet fault alarm popup so you have to close the window and navigate to the alarm page to reset the fault, then we get a devicenet fault on each HMI because the Devicenet scanner is missing the nodes from the 4 ultra 3000 in each panel, so if you power one panel up when you try to start the line you get the alarm popup for devicenet fault due to the other servo drives not been powered up in the other panel, it may not seam much but when you add up all the stoppages it becomes 30 minutes + each shift

i just want to be sure that im not going to have a scenario where by if i loose all connections to the Flex I/O it doesnt alarm and it takes the engineers on shift an hour or so to diagnose, if it is not possible to clear the input bit then i could just use an interfacing relay between each panel and the main panel as all 3 have seperate PSU's

as for devicenet faults can you isolate faults for each node address so that only faults for that set of nodes for that panel are shown on the HMI? rather than on both HMI's