S5-135U status problem

twil82

Hi All,
My company recently bought a used press with a S5-135U plc with a 921 CPU. This machine has not run in over 3 years. We are trying to work thru the issues but we only have a schematic. The only copy of the program we have is in the cpu so there is no program documentation.
I am using PG-2000 software to communicate with the plc. I can download the program but i cannot see the online status of the logic.
Does anyone know what would prevent me from seeing the status?

Thank you for the reply.
The cpu is running and I do not have any faults on the plc. I have used this software to connect to a S5-95U plc on another machine and was able to see the element status. When I perform the same operation on the S5-135U, I do not get the same result.
The software has a Start Cycles command to observe the actual values of the program elements.

Well if the cpu is running it should be scanning and you should be able to monitor the program, if there is a program in PLC.
As you said it hasnt been running for 3 years so maybe the battery died and the programs gone, unless there is an eeprom.

The program is intact and parts of the machine are working. I can upload the program and view it offline. I want to be able to see the on-off status of the elements while online to troubleshoot the startup sequence. This is where I have the problem.

Yes, when I select a block that is not being called I get a message saying it is not in work. When I select a block that I know is being called, it looks like it is reading the plc and then gives a message saying plc not responding.