Position Error Ultra3000

Nigasai

Hi all,

we have a machine that running for more than a year and recently we have often times problem with position error. base on your experience what are the usual cause..o_O

cheers,

Ganie

Position error means that the servo controller is trying to move the motor but the motor is lagging behind. If it were a new system, I would be looking at the move commands to see if the controller is trying to move the motor faster than possible, checking tuning, etc. Since the system has been running for a year without this problem, I would first be looking for a mechanical problem - bad gearbox, mechanical binding, obstructions, etc.

I would first look for mechanical problems as well.
Bearings, slides, gearboxes anything that could be causing friction. If they say it can't be the Bearings we just replaced them look at the bolts are they to long and binding on something.