Scanport Over Controlnet

toopster

Hello,
I are currently in the process of phasing in upgrades to our systems, replacing PLC5-80C's with CLX controllers (it just cost us £12K for a replacement PLC5 controller!!!). We currently have a mixture of Flex IO over dual redundant ControlNet and 1336 drives over ControlNet via a 1974-ACNR15 and 1203-FM1 scanport module. We have many drives so changing out nearly 60 drives of various sizes up to 60kw cannot be done on one foul swoop!!
Program conversions are progressing well however I cannot seem to setup communication to the 1203-FM1 scanport modules. There is no module profile in logix5000 rev16 for this module so I have tried using a generic flex module profile and using the same input/output/config/status parameters as the module previously had in Networx. (i/p-6words,o/p-5words,config-5-words,status-3words) I cannot communicate with these settings. There is a knowledgebase article that explains how to do this using CIP My question is, can you communicate with a 1336 drive via a 1203-FM1 over controlnet with a CLX controller?

The knowledgebase article on this is rather old and suggests to use an unscheduled CIP method, this does not seem a solution to me as it suggests that as it is unscheduled, there is no safe-off options available in the event of errors with PLC, communications etc.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20027

Regards
Colin
o_O