Citect SCADA with Rockwell ALMD Instructions

Ian S

Is it possible to use Rockwell ALMD instructions with Citect SCADA 7.2?

Obviously, I could simply tag up to the .InAlarm bits, but this renders the use of ALMD fairly pointless. I was wondering if it is possible to to get Citect simply to subscribe to the CompactLogix for Alarms and Events, as one would with FactoryTalk View SE.

Cheers,
Ian

That is rather unfortunate, but understandable to get people to buy their equipment. Thanks for the info

It's a shame, because I find the ALMD and ALMA instructions very useful, but mainly only when I've got an FTView SE SCADA.
Even without View SE though, I like them, because they have all the timeout, deadband, acknowledgement and disable functionality built in. If I've got just a PanelView or another SCADA attached, I can still use them by mapping to these bits in the traditional manner.
The downside is that they take up about 1k memory each when you're only using a fraction of the full functionality. However, if program size is not an issue, then it saves you the trouble of "rolling your own".