Issues Upgrading to Panelview Plus 6 700

DAnderson

We had a panelview plus 700 talking to 2 PLC5s through DH+ and 3 TI 505 plcs through kepserver. This rig has been working great for a few years but the logic module died two weeks ago. No problem, we call our local AB distributor and ask for a quote. Somewhere somehow we ended up with the new Panelview plus 6 logic module. So now we are in the process of upgrading.

We are using factory talk view version 5.0 and our kepware is 4.17. The factory talk will not even recognize the panelview plus 6. However, I was able to transfer the .mer to a usb drive and transfer the program to the HMI that way.

The panelview will communicate with the PLC5s but the kepserver will not communicate with the TIs anymore. I keep getting the "object no longer available" error. On power up the panelview log reads "kepserver 5.3 started". Do I need to upgrade my Kepware to get the new panelview logic 6 to work? Is there a work around for this?

I realize this is not the answer you are looking for, but

I have found that it saves a TON of headache with PVPlus/ME to keep your FTView Studio at the latest version regardless of the firmware you have in the Panelview terminal(s). I would load version 6.1 and never look back.

I have a feeling since you are using Kep drivers you will have to update it regardless. Someone else may have a workaround, but is it really worth the headache for you or the next man that has to repair a terminal.

By the way, I do not think you can even order the old Logic Modules. All you can get is the version 6 stuff. Someone correct me if I am off on this. This is why they sent it to you even though I am sure you ordered the old part number.

RSL