EDS File for SST-DN4-PCU DNSCAN

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI All
I am trying to set up an ABB robot over device net to a Compact Logix plc l32 E ver 19. I would normally just use the EDS wizard to create a file but it is coming up with a error
Please s ee attached word doc.
The error states that I should contact the supplier (Molex) for the correct EDS file. I have contacted Molex and they are to come back to me but no sign yet. I download the one on their web site but either I am downloading the wrong one or I just cannot find it.
Just hoping someone out there might have it.

Many thanks (y)

Donnchadh

Last edited:
I have a few questions for you.
Have you tried the EDS files ABB provides? If so what happened?
Which ABB robot are you using?
Are you using an ABB dnet card?
Is the robot a slave on the network?
What have you setup in the EIO file?

Hi Jeff

Have you tried the EDS files ABB provides? If so what happened? No I have checked the cd and checked the ABB site
but I could not find it.

Which ABB robot are you using?
Its a Flex picker IRC 5 with a compact controller, all new.

Are you using an ABB dnet card?
I am using a compact logix plc with 1769-SDN device net card.

Is the robot a slave on the network?
The unit type is DN_INTERNAL_SLAVE

What have you setup in the EIO file?
I have not set up any I/O yet as due to my problem.
In the past I would have connected by creating a EDS file with the wizard but these were all the standard IRC 5 controller or the panel mount. I know molex bought woodhead and the last time I set one up it was wood head.

Thanks Again

Donnchadh

It should be the same EDS file as the other IRC.

I THINK the eds file will change with the EIO setup. If you don't need 22 bytes both ways then it only created what you have configured.
I did a S4C+ configuration a while back if the EIO wasn't there first I couldn't get RS networks to see the board.

Hi Jeff

Thanks again for the reply.
I just got the EDS file it was stored in the controller
and ABB told me how to get it.
It should have also been on the CD that came with the Robot but as luck shold have it the file on the cd would not work.
The EDS file has changes ABB told me and that is why the file I had would not work.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

That's good to know I'm quoting some more work. This would probably get slow me down as well.

Drop me a line if you need any help
would only love tp help someone here with all the help
I have recived over the years.(y)

Donnchadh