Mitsubish Q series coverted from 232 to 485 via md 45 converter

plcduck

Hit a bit of a dead end o_O

Currently working on a project at work that involves a Q series Mitsubishi on RS232 and E 1043 LOI via the 485 port, using a MD-45 (Westermo) protocol converter (RS232 to 422/485). Currently a RD signal is being shown on the MD-45 that the HMI is polling, the PLC is connected via a CAB30C24 from a QJ71C24N-R2 card, but is not communicating with the HMI.

I believe the dip switches on the MD-45 to be correct, currently setup as 19200 baud, with Data Control instead of RTS, selection of bits is 10 (as the PLC has 8 data bits and 1 stop bit, the manual that comes with the MD45 suggests setting the selection bits to 10).

Just as a previous test, I have connected the PLC and HMI directly via RS422 previously without the use of the MD-45 (by using a QJ71C24N card), this worked and thus I feel proves that the PLC and HMI were setup correctly.

Thank you in advance!