Here is a thought...

gedds1993

I have looked and have not found an app. For this form on any mobile device. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post something like this but i believe a mobile app. For this form would be fantastic especially since most of us are on the go. Any thoughts?

I am a member of a few forms and there are some forms that have mobile applications specifically designed for the form its self. So if you are on the go and away from your computer then you can use your phone to access the form. One form I am a member of has a application that will notify me real time if my subscriptions are posted on.

I think he meant FORUM...

See that is the problem I wrote both of those on my phone and the lay out makes it hard so see what I am typing. So i kinda type blindly. I mean it my just be me but I think it would be a cool thing to have for the forum :D.....then again I type really fast on my phone.

Last edited:
Those things cost money and for Phil puts this forum on for free. He accepts member donations and gives a few more features but maintaining a app for the site can get expensive.

Trust me I know from hands on experience.

Those things cost money and for Phil puts this forum on for free. He accepts member donations and gives a few more features but maintaining a app for the site can get expensive.

Trust me I know from hands on experience.

That makes sense which is why it was just a thought. Im sure it takes more time then anyone realizes to keep up this site as is. Which by all means is a fantastic tool for newbies like me!

See that is the problem I wrote both of those on my phone and the lay out makes it hard so see what I am typing. So i kinda type blindly. I mean it my just be me but I think it would be a cool thing to have for the forum :D.....then again I type really fast on my phone.
Yeah, that really makes sense to add an app that generates too many errors even in your simple text. If you can't see the difference between "form" and "forum", then your device is certainly not suitable for doing PLC programming. Bad idea!

EDIT: In programming, typing fast is not near as important as typing accurately, and also being able to read what you have sent or received.

Yeah, that really makes sense to add an app that generates too many errors even in your simple text. If you can't see the difference between "form" and "forum", then your device is certainly not suitable for doing PLC programming. Bad idea!

EDIT: In programming, typing fast is not near as important as typing accurately, and also being able to read what you have sent or received.

No the application would make a more friendly layout for a mobile device so I wouldn't incorrectly spell forum without realizing it. Like i said friend, it was just an idea. It's not that the device I am on is going to programming a plc it is an Android phone. You show me one of these that could program a plc and I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I'm not saying the application would be used programming, it wouldn't be able to be used for such a thing. It would be used for more convenient communication with this forum, that would be the main purpose of it. I'm sorry for the miscommunication, you must have not understood what I ment.

I understood what you meant, and we need less of it here, not more. The people who come here are confused enough already. No need to handicap them with smaller space and poor readibility.

I understood what you meant, and we need less of it here, not more. The people who come here are confused enough already. No need to handicap them with smaller space and poor readibility.

I guess both parts of the story is true. It's like trying where to cut the best meat on a two headed cow. But then again this forum is fine the way it is. Just and idea

You show me one of these that could program a plc and I'd buy it in a heart beat.
Check with user Paully's5.0, or search his posts. I understand he is using his mobile iPad device to help with PLC programming check-out.

Also check out user "gmferg" and "The PLC Kid" using an iPad in Post #15 at this link:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=72503&page=2

Last edited:
I use my IPad and IPhone to hit my desktop with logmein and make simple program edits all the time.

Android sux for doing stuff like that though. I used to have android phone until I got the Iphone 4 now i would not have a android if you gave it to me.

I use my IPad and IPhone to hit my desktop with logmein and make simple program edits all the time.

Android sux for doing stuff like that though. I used to have android phone until I got the Iphone 4 now i would not have a android if you gave it to me.

Maybe one day they will make it possible to not need your desktop or laptop at all and all you will need is a smart phone or a tablet....one can dream right?

Maybe one day they will make it possible to not need your desktop or laptop at all and all you will need is a smart phone or a tablet....one can dream right?

Nope Not Me