RS Logix 5000 not regognizing 193-ETN

68x30

I got the easy job. Take RS5000 program for plant in opperation copy it, change IP addresses and then upload into new plant PLC. everything going real good, and easy till I get to the 193-ENT relay modules.

193-ENT image.jpg

Which version of RSLogix 5000 are you using ?

I/O Module Profiles can be of three types: Built-In, Add-On-Profiles, and EDS-based Add-On-Profiles (v20 and future).

Add-On-Profiles have to be manually downloaded and installed.

When you transfer a *.ACD project to a new computer, the AOP's from the old project are not packaged and transferred, which leads to error messages like the one you are seeing.

Start with the RA AOP Download Page:

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/controlflash/LogixProfiler.asp

The 193-ETN profile is third from the bottom, called "E1 Plus".

RS Logix Ver 19.1.2303.1 I downloaded all the add ons when we tranfered the plant .ACD files. Pretty sure it's somthing simple and easy that I'm not thinking of.
P.S. doesn't mean much but running windows XP

Originally posted by 68x30:

I downloaded all the add ons when we tranfered the plant .ACD files.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, Ken is NOT referring to add-on instructions. He is referring to add-on module profiles.

If you know this already and ran the add-on proofile update program to update your Logix install catalog, then the install didn't complete correctly. I would suggets you try to run it again, reboot and see if it takes.

Keith

Thank you Got it!

OK I knew it would be something stupid. Whe nI ran the ad-on update, I ran it on my machine but not in the Virtual machine that I am ussing for this project. Once I tranfered the profiles over and re-ran the update everythig worked great.
I realize if I would have added that I was working through a VM someone probably would have suggested that to me. (y)