Powerflex 700 - Fault 82

Rob S.

I'm sorry to bother you folks on a Saturday. I keep getting a Fault 82 on a AB Powerflex 700 Drive - DPI Loss . Right to Left I have Digital In 000101 ^DPI Port 2According to action 3, I can disable this fault. What do you think ? It seems like the little hmi should not need to shut down the drive. Any thoughts ?Thanks in advance.

Fault code 8x indicates a DPI fault, where the second digit is the DPI adapter.

My recollection is that DPI Port 2 is the plug on the bottom of the drive.. it's usually connected to a standalone network adapter, or to a door-mounted HIM module in an MCC or other enclosure.

Is there a HIM module directly on the front of the drive, or is it in a remotely mounted cradle ?

The reason the drive faults when you remove or lose comms to a HIM module is that all DPI adapters are considered STOP inputs... if you can't stop the drive, it's considered an "out of control" situation and the drive faults.

I think you can disable the HIM entirely... it's been a while since I tried. I know you can't "mask it out" of being a STOP input.