Crimson 3 - extracting bits from a modbus 4xxxx register

TedC

Hello, I am new to using Crimson 3 with Modbus TCP/IP Master protocol. I have a register 47101 that is packed with 16 bits for various on/off conditions; I am just using simple primitives to change color. I am not able (do not know how) to link a tag to the approriate bit.

Network
Protocol 1 - Modbus TCP/IP Master
Device
Block1
Start address - 407101 with expanded bits
407101.00 >> Tag1

Currently, I am using the Emulator. I can read floating points, coils, and unsigned interger values fine. Obviously, something is configured wrong...

Any suggestions.

Thanks

to reference bit 0:
Tag1.0

to reference bit 1:
Tag1.1

Also search the manual for "accessing individual bits", and "testing bits". It shows how to display them in the tag viewer, from there, you can see the formatting in case there is anything specific about your protocol, and you can give them each useful labels.

to reference bit 0:
Tag1.0

to reference bit 1:
Tag1.1

Also search the manual for "accessing individual bits", and "testing bits". It shows how to display them in the tag viewer, from there, you can see the formatting in case there is anything specific about your protocol, and you can give them each useful labels.

You can also create 16 different Tags (if you want to - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't).

1. Create a Flag Tag
2. Set the Source 407101
3. Set the Treat As Bit Array with the correct bit order. You may have to try both options to determine which is correct for your device.
4. Select the appropriate Bit Number.

Copy and Paste (do not Smart Duplicate) change the Bit Number for the next Tag.

I called tech support and spoke with Stephen. He explained that no blocks were needed. He stepped me through creating a simple data tag, flag, then put the correct source and modbus register. The final two steps were:
Treat As: Bit Array Little-Endian
Bit Number: choose appropriate bit

Thanks

Thank you for the follow-up so that those searching in the future find details on how to complete the task.