Scaling a value from a PLC to a HMI

turbochip

Hi I am new to the programing side of a HMI.
I am using a RSLogix 5000 PLC with an L61 processor, and I am using a PanelView Plus 1000 as my HMI.

I am able to display input values from an IF16 input card in the HMI but I need to scale the raw value and display in the HMI a device value, this is what I am looking at.
At
4ma = -20009 in the PLC
12ma = 5458
20ma = 30925

I need to display for that tag in the HMI a scaling of 0 to 100

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to the AB website and download an AOI instruction (add on instruction). The one you need is called SCP (scale with parameters). Just entered your minimum, maximum, the zero and the 100. It will then give you answer it your result tag. You could also use a compute statement.

Question

Hi Mark,
Thanks, I think that is what I am looking for, I went to the AB site and downloaded a sample code called SCP.L5X, is that what I am looking for? and ok this might be a stupid question but does this file get loaded into my copy of RSLogix 5000?

Mark I tried to import that SCP.L5X as a new rung and I get an error message "The specified L5X file is not targeted for this import content" what am I doing wrong?