PV 550 error 208

CRWC

I am having an issue with a PV 550. I am getting 2 different errors. 208 and 615. This machine was resently bought used at auction and reinstalled in its new location. I do know first hand that the issue that I am haveing now was not an issue at the last installed location. The system is a PLC SLC 5/05 using ch0 for PV comunication over DH-485. PV is a 2711-B5A5X ferm ware 4.41. When the machine was installed here at its new location the PV worked but it would flash Error 615 but then it would work and start the machine like it was suppose to do. Now we can't get the PV to start the machine and anytime I press an icon I get erroe 208 (unable to write to remote device). We have done some program changes because of how the machine is installed at the new location. PV program has not been changed but some ladders in the PLC have. When I unplug the com cable I do get error 612 (no active nodes found) and it goes away as soon as I plug it back in. So I am assuming that my wiring is all good. Could this be a hardware failure (bad PV) or could this be programing. Error 615 (more than one node was assigned the same address)I have checked both PLC node 1 and PV node 2. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Was the PV connected to more then one controller in it's previous life? The communication set-up would show you that.

If you can post it's program, zip it first. Maybe someone can spot something.

The PV is hooked up the same way it was in it original installation. The only nodes on the D-485 is the PLC and the PV. There is a Profibus network the talks to all the remote I/O and VFDs but that is on a scanner card mounted in the PLC rack and I didn't think that would have any conflict with the DH-485. I did have to make some physical changes to the wiring on the profibus. I tied in a daisy chain in a new location. I will try to get both the RSS and PBA posted. thank

The only thing I see after a quick look is the PV database is trying to poll a B76:?/? registers which do not exist in the SLC's data table.

See pictures below.

B76.jpg NoB76.jpg

Last edited:
Mickey thank you for the feedback. I went to go open the PV software and on my PC it told me file was corrupt. Could I have an old version of panel builder than what the file was saved in. The Panel Builder I have is 3.61.00 11/06/00. Also I got a ATA to CF card adapter so I can save the file from the panel view but I was unable to format the card in the panel view. is there a size restriction on the card I can use. My CF card is an 8 gig card. Has anybody used an adapter before with any luck. Thank you

Those old PanelView terminals supported only Linear Flash cards (almost impossible to get now) until version 3.0 firmware, after which they also supported ATA Flash with FAT16 formatting.

Most CompactFlash cards larger than about 2GB can't be formatted for FAT16.

If you can format yours for FAT16 mode on your PC, it might work with the PanelView. I've used lots of older 512/256/128MB CompactFlash cards with PanelView Standard terminals, but only a few of the 2GB cards I've tried worked correctly.

Still need some help on this one. I just got in my flash card so I can load file on to a different PV and see if I can get it to work. The issue noe is that the only file I have for this machine is a .PBA and it was created in a panelbuilder version newer than the version that I have on my PC. Can some one help me by either saving the file to an older version of panelbuilder (I have version 3.61.00) or save to file to a .PVA so I can load it on to my second panel view. I would prefer to have the version changed so I can open the file and make changes if needed. thanks o_O

.PBA opened in ver. 3.80

.PVA created in ver. 3.80

Since it's not possible to open .PBA in a lower version,
it's not possible to save as .PVA in a lower version.

After reloading the PV software I dont see the error 208 but I do still have a 615 (duplicate node address). I have checked both PV and PLC and they are on there correct node. PLC is on node 1 and PV is on node 2. the next thing I am going to do is reload the origanal program on the PLC and see if that does the trick

After reloading the PV software I dont see the error 208 but I do still have a 615 (duplicate node address). I have checked both PV and PLC and they are on there correct node. PLC is on node 1 and PV is on node 2. the next thing I am going to do is reload the origanal program on the PLC and see if that does the trick

Is RSLINX connected to the network when you get this error? If so what is it's node address?

(y)Well we found the issue and it was our oun doing. there was a bit on ladder 2 rung 0000 S:1/15 that my programer had changed to get around a safet relay when we were testing all the motor rotations when we first installed the machine 2 months ago. That bit caused the PLC to try and reconect every few sec and gave us our com fault on the panel view and made it so it would not work half the time.

Thank you to the folks here at PLCtalk for your ideas and support. (y)

(y)Well we found the issue and it was our oun doing. there was a bit on ladder 2 rung 0000 S:1/15 that my programer had changed to get around a safet relay when we were testing all the motor rotations when we first installed the machine 2 months ago. That bit caused the PLC to try and reconect every few sec and gave us our com fault on the panel view and made it so it would not work half the time.

Thank you to the folks here at PLCtalk for your ideas and support. (y)

HMMM?

S:1/15 is the first scan bit, it's only true for one scan. How could that be causing the problem?

Can you post the logic that was causing the problem?

I will have to ask my programer and or see if one of the back up files save the changes that he had done. I will let you know.