AB Micro850 controller with Hardy Easy 8

markdobtech

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have any idea when the Micro850 will be coming out? The last note I saw on it on this forum was from June of last year.

Can you use the 1100? Hardy has a card for that, I believe it has been released to the market already. If not call and talk to them. The 1100 has plenty of HP over the 800. Just a bought if you need something quick.

Looks like a nice new module from Hardy.

I thought it might cut my up coming in motion check weigher upgrades in price, but alas it is too slow with only 25 updates per second. If your application is high speed, I highly recommend their 1769-WS with a 10ms conversion update rate or 100 updates per second. I also highly recommend using their smart summing board if this is a multiple load cell application. It is so nice to be able to isolate them for mechanical balancing from a touch screen!

I had the pleasure if talking to the guy that did the programming on those boards.
I was thinking about one of them for a slow batch system. It would be fast enough for a 1 hour update.

Paul did you ever get the noise problem figured out in that 1769-ws?

I had the pleasure if talking to the guy that did the programming on those boards.
I was thinking about one of them for a slow batch system. It would be fast enough for a 1 hour update.

Paul did you ever get the noise problem figured out in that 1769-ws?

Yes, it took a visible spark from the downstream belt before I "solved" it.

The downstream belts is rubber high friction material over about a 5" diameter drum which was insulated from the stainless frame with composite (plastic) bearings housings. I changed one of hte bearings to a stainless housing.

Yes, if not for the 30" length and 150 ft/min, I would wade into the Connected Components Micro8x0 world, but just a tip-toe...

I like Compactlogix so much more.

I talked with someone at the Portland RAOTM from Rockwell (in the correct group) who said that they will for sure have the 850 released before Automation Fair. It’s kinda hard to say how accurate that is (I believe her but anything can happen) but she’s building displays based off of having a functioning 850 in it (I hope to have one in my display as well).

With that said, if you haven’t learned how to program Micro800’s yet, add time for that. It’s like nothing you’ve programmed (from Rockwell) before and takes some time to figure out all little details (that aren’t well documented). The MicroLogix 1100 is a much easier process to use.