communication between plc and embedded controller

kevalvakani

hello friends

is it possible to communicate between PLC wit serial port(any make) and any other embeeded control having serial port
i want to do project based on that

waiting for reply

Note previous discussion here:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=72956&highlight=OSI

Without lots more information, there is no answer to your question.

What EXACTLY are you trying to do?

What it the goal of the communication between the two devices?

What is the embedded controller?

Why do you think its serial port will respond?

Which PLC? Does this PLC offer remote communications options in its current form?

The presence of a port is meaningless. I have a USB port on my flat screen TV, but I can't connect a mouse or a keyboard to it, because the TV has no firmware for responding to a mouse. The USB port is used as a 'drive' for access to photo files on a USB flash drive.

Serial comm is subject to the same conditions. What is a serial port programmed to do? It varies from device to device.

Last edited: