KYZ pulse input

enrgykap

What is the basic method for programming a PLC to accept an electric utility meters KYZ (well, only KY) pulse output so the PLC can provide kW demand readings in 5 minute intervals? The pulse weight is 100 Watt-hours/pulse. Trying to set up demand alerting through a PLC with a 2-wire weighted pulse input. Thanks!

What is the basic method for programming a PLC to accept an electric utility meters KYZ (well, only KY) pulse output so the PLC can provide kW demand readings in 5 minute intervals? The pulse weight is 100 Watt-hours/pulse. Trying to set up demand alerting through a PLC with a 2-wire weighted pulse input. Thanks!

Have a look at http://www.ccontrolsys.com/w/Advanced_Pulse_WattNode they make a system that can probably handle this for you.

Anyone know of any products that can take a KYZ pulse and output the sampled value via ModbusTCP or ModbusRTU?

Thank you,

Josh