Allen Bradley digital output > nothing

Snipy

Hey,

This thread is for a new problem, before :
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=72690

I complete a project (a little factory with conveyors, sensors and robots) and I must use a PLC, the Allen Bradley CompactLogix L32E plc.
Before I have never used a plc, so it's my first time.

To begin, I create a project with the software RSLogix 5000, I configured and established a serial connection (with RSLinx CLassic) and after I configured my first output module : a 1769-OW8I (ac/dc output).
My program is easy just a "output energize" for the data : (Local:1:O.Data.2) .

When I run the program, everything is good, and on my module, the led 2 lights !!

But, I measure nothing on the pins with my voltmeter...
So, how can I measure the output voltage in order to connect this output to the conveyor?
I don't find in the documentation How many voltage is on output when it is ON.

The documentation : http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1769-in053_-en-p.pdf

Thank you very much for your help...

The module you have is a relay output module.

Did you connect a voltage source to the terminals marked VAC/VDC for each output? See page 8 of the manual

Last edited:
I connected 24V (the plus) (I am not sure that is the good voltage) to VAC/VDC 2.
1/ And the minus on what ?
2/ It's not necessary to connect each output ? I connect just for the output that I use right?

Thank you !

SOrry, but I don't understand,

On the plc My led 0 lights,
Firstly I put +24 dc on VAC-VDC0 right, but where I put -24dc? and where/how I can measure my output ?

Sorry, I am lost...

Don't 'put' -24VDC anywhere. Measure between your -24VDC terminal and OUT 0.

When you finally attach a device it will connect to -24VDC and Out 0.

SOrry, but I don't understand,

Firstly I put +24 dc on VAC-VDC0 right, but where I put -24dc? and where/how I can measure my output ?

Sorry, I am lost...

Snipy,
These are very,very basic electrical questions. I strongly recommend you get some help from someone with electrical knowledge.

Thank you bernie_carlton,
that's ok now :)

My problem is that my input module (1769-IA16) is AC voltage. And I think I have only DC supply and my sensors are DC. So my output module runs (thank you again) but I have no input o_O .

I am going to install my analog module (1769-IF4XOF2) to read the data of sensors. I hope it is easy to make a program with analog data :p
And after I could use input and output in the same program..

Yes, that only means that the PLC has turned on that output (not whether the output is energized). Whether that PLC output has the correct voltage to pass along is up to YOU!