Directsoft5 and DL260

dginbuffalo

i must be as thick as mud, but i'm still scratching my head on the memory mapping. here's what i have:

Slot 0 = ECOM
Slot 1 = 8ch analog in (F2-08AD-1)
Slot 2 = 8ch analog in (F2-08AD-1)
Slot 3 = 4/4 combo (D2-08CDR)

i am trying to program with nick names only and then assign to modules, but really don't know how to point the inputs to those points. can i get a shove in the right direction to make my brain work?o_O

The ECOM won't take up any memory space BUT IT CANNOT BE PLACED IN SLOT 0. Please get the manual and read it. These are all available free in PDF form from AutomationDirect.

The manual for the analog module has a section titled 'Module Operation' which you need to study carefully. When setup properly you won't have to worry about interpreting the actual input points from the analog modules. The system will do that and place the results into chosem memory areas. So be sure to read the manual first.

The I/O points will be automatically assigned. If you have the rack populated and powered up then, if you go online, you can use - under 'PLC' the 'Configure I/O' option to see the inputs and outputs used.

Last edited:
Read the manual- a novel idea!! Your right- i need to step back a second. In our typical "O yea, we can do that in a week" fashion i've jumped ahead on my learning curve. On a good note, i did map my E-stop input and it's working properly. i'm sure i'll be back soon...