Op3 S7-215-2dp

userxyz

Hi,

I'm trying to get a connection between a OP3 and an S7-215-2DP CPU; I programmed the OP3 with protool, so far no problem. I gave the OP3 adress 3 and the Connection peer adress 2. I selected DP and 9.6 bits/s.

I connected The OP3 on the DP PORT, and it seems that it's also 9.6 kbits/s.

On the OP I see: AS Adress 2 not found.

How is that possible, what should I do ?

I use variables V0 to V12; programmed in the OP, but not yet in the CPU, I don't think that i my problem,

help

If you have programmed vaiables or input/output fields as soon as the OP powers up it will look for the connected DB, if it does not find them it will error. So perhaps it is your problem as it's trying to update its tables. I'm not sure from your post but are you connecting OP3 over a Profibus Dp netwk I thought they only allowed MPI/PPI or maybe I'm not understanding you.

Can you shed any further light

PPI

U're right,

It's PPI connection @ 19.2 kbit/s that I needed to configure

MPi is for connection to a S7-300 or whatever, PPI for S7-200

Thanks ;)