AB Powerflex 4m issues

kongshitt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, wondering if someone can help me out.

Running AB powerflex 4M drives, using 2 wire control with preset speed settings. (FWD / REV / FWD high speed)

I have the speeds set, and everything wired up, and my FWD and REV works fine, but my high speed (contact block pin #5 Digital In 1) does not engage the drive (+24v on the contact). I'm pretty sure I am missing a setting somewhere to tell the drive to acknowledge the other input, but I can't seem to find it.

Set parameter P108 to '4 Preset Freq'. Then the signal at terminal 5 controls the speed only. You still must use the FWD and REV to actually start motion.

Another tactic is to set terminal 5 as Jog (Option 2). It will then start and stop the drive using the frequency and acceleration set in A404 and A405 respectively.

Got it. thats what I was forgetting. Hell, that makes the highspeed shift easier to add to the program. Thanks!

Adding the run input to the plc rung with the highspeed did it!