scada pack question

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
just wanting to know how about i should go converting the ladder logic for a scadapack plus which is now obsolete, into say a scadapack 334 or 357, like what are the differences?

I don't have much experience with the old stuff but I can tell you the 334 is a great controller. As long as you can read the logic of your old program you can re write it in Telepace with a little time.

Telepace uses "canvas'" so you can only fit so much logic on each canvas. The hardware configuration allows you to assign names to each I/O and variables as well.

It's a good software to get to know...even though now they are pushing using Isograph for the 334 which is supposed to be more powerful and allow for DNP3 functions not supported by Telepace. I also feel that Schneider is trying to get away from the scadapacks. I ordered one the other day with a two month lead time because they had to build it in Canada...They have so many other controllers. I personally think they only bought control microsystems just to have ClearScada software.

Let me know if you have any questions, Good luck!

yes, i have telepace and the program for it. all i am wondering, is if the io points are different, because then i will have tochange the coding
see,what happened was a power the other day fried one, instead of blowing a fuse. and online they reccommend a 334 to replace the plus, altho it seems that someone is telling management they need a 357. i am wondering if this is the case or are they just upselling. i hate the factthat they didnt let me finish what i started and fix it. instead they ran to some external automation firm, which is telling them 357. they shipped one up, i intalled it. now i am waiting,for them to come up here and make it work,cause they programmed it and it isnt working. and its their responsibility. lol

haha I get it. Well the 334 in most cases will do everything. I would assume there are some changes in the addressing and wiring of the I/O when compared to the old scadapack plus.

Sounds like you did your end of the bargan and its up to them to make it work. You could always check the logic if you have the software. You would need to know what the system is supposed to be doing and a commented program would help too.

Yea. Haha. I just wish they would have let me take care of it all. Had a brand new 334 on thei shelf. I would have got it running by now. It is frustrating that they are too cheap to pay me to figure it out. Instead pay someone more money eevery time there is problems. If they let their experienced techs figure it out they would have people on staff that could fix it. I'm only here temp. They wanted me to sytay long term, but for that and other reasons I'm just filling in till they get someone here long term. On the plus side of things they let us program the freewave radios. Haha

Thank you mickey. As always your posts are informative. I know I would have probably went there already if they had made it my responsibilty to get it going. Maybe I can weasile my way into that since these socalled pros haven't fixed it yet

I gueSs I'm just frustrated that everyone wants someone expeienced in it already. Where I still need experience. I'm a smart guy, its just hard to find someone willing to give me my chance. Mills and plants will give you the experience if they hire you on, but they won't hire me since I haven't been a journeyman for 5 years. I am a smart guy and I learn quickly. And I'm good at what I already know. So how do I prove that to some one? Maybe on a resume, or. Something