Allen Bradley read data of sensors

Snipy

Hey,

This thread is for a new problem,

I complete a project (a little factory with conveyors, sensors and robots) and I must use a PLC, the Allen Bradley CompactLogix L32E plc.
Before I have never used a plc, so it's my first time.

To begin, I create a project with the software RSLogix 5000, I configured and established a serial connection (with RSLinx CLassic) and after I configured my first output module : a 1769-OW8I (ac/dc output).
To begin my program is easy just a "output energize" for the data : (Local:1:O.Data.2) .

Now I would like read the data from the sensor :
Visolux RL29-8-2000

datasheet : http://www.mrk.eu/prell/KATALOG OPTO STANDARD tdoct0219a_eng.pdf

The output of sensor is either 24V or 0V. And when there is 24V, I want to run an output (Local:1:O.Data.2) (to lunch the robot).

I have available an analog module 1769-IF4XOF2 and an AC digital input module 1769-IA16 (datasheet : http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1769-in006_-en-p.pdf).

I think it's not possible to use the digital input because it's AC no ?
QUESTION : If I want to use this module, I just connect the source in IN0 ?

What is the best way to success to read my sensor?

Thank you very much for your help !

Last edited:
I think it's not possible to use the digital input because it's AC no ?

What is the best way to success to read my sensor?

You need a DC digital input module for this sensoro_O

Something like a 1769-IQ16

Last edited:
Well, it has to be an interface relay..

Not any relay will do...

Sorry, I am being a little bit mischievous..

Look, do you remember this post from a forum regular

Snipy,
These are very,very basic electrical questions. I strongly recommend you get some help from someone with electrical knowledge.

I admire your efforts in learning from this site, BUT, you are now in the area of where "Ouch, it bites" - you are dealing with 120VAC - you need to be trained properly.

Do you think that I could learn to be a doctor, dentist or candlestick maker from reading stuff on the internet?